- Location: West Midlands
- Salary: negotiable depending upon experience
Avensys UK Group Ltd is a single, all-encompassing medical equipment engineering services with three sub-divisions:
- Avensys UK Ltd, medical equipment engineering services, maintenance and repair of: Medical, Endoscopy and Dental Equipment.
- Avensys UK Ltd – Resale division, Resale and disposal of medical equipment
- Avensys UK Training Ltd, Medical equipment training courses
This field based role is a full-time, permanent role, reporting to the Avensys UK Ltd West Midlands Senior Engineering Manager. The role is responsible for servicing and repair of all Dental & Medical Equipment in the West Midlands covered by the overarching contracts awarded to Avensys UK Ltd. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing company within the medical equipment industry.
Experience in dental engineering is essential.
Job responsibilities for Dental and Medical equipment:
- Undertake scheduled PPM Maintenance, Servicing and Modification
- Undertake Emergency Repair and Rectification
- Partake in the Company on call rota system in which you will be required to undertake for a period of a week at a time, carrying a pager and responding to emergency call outs.
- Ensuring best practise in the maintenance, control and observance of engineering process and procedures for Servicing and Repair
- Ensuring engineering activities are undertaken using appropriate engineering safety precautions and standards
- Management of Spare parts required for the Servicing and Repair
- Ensure high standards of Engineering Hygiene are maintained at all times
- Operate in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures
- Liaising with Contracts Manager for Externally Supported Equipment and manufacturers maintenance contracts
- Maintain accurate documentation associated with the Service and Repair
- Providing the appropriate Clinical Staff with the latest technical advice and assistance
- Control of test equipment and inventories
- The control of all equipment publications and manufacturers technical information, ensuring that all amendments are carried out as necessary
- Ensuring that MHRA Device Alerts are read and Serious Equipment Failure signals are actioned where necessary
- Understand and operate in accordance with, Health, Safety and Hazard Warning Notices applicable
- The compilation of COSHH and Health and Safety risk assessments ensuring that regular reviews are carried out
- Comply with all Risk Assessment and carry out personal Risk Analysis of any Hazardous activity
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to communicate with internal staff and key contacts at contracts
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and drive to work independently
- Planning, time management, administration and organisational skills
- IT literacy including Microsoft Office
Closing Date: 30th May 2019
We are committed to ISO 9001:2008 QMS and ISO 13485:2003 (2012) standards.
Due to the popularity of some positions, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early on receipt of sufficient applicants.