- Location: London and the South East
- Salary: negotiable depending upon experience
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Experienced Medical Engineer or Medical Engineering Trainer looking for a new challenge who would be interest in becoming a Training Assessor and playing an instrumental role in the development of Apprentice Engineers. Based in and to cover London and the South East, the successful candidate will receive a negotiable salary depending upon experience.
Avensys are a leading provider of medical equipment management and support services, offering bio-medical equipment engineering service solutions to private healthcare organisations including large NHS trusts, Primary Care Trusts and leading Private Hospital Groups and Clinics.
The Training Assessor Role
Avensys UK Training Ltd is a specialist healthcare engineering training provider. Our dedicated team of trainers and assessors have been delivering their skills, knowledge and experience to provide training across England for the past 11 years.
We are on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP). Avensys UK Training Ltd are committed in assisting our clients to have a positive impact on healthcare costs, staff retention, patient wait times and ultimately, patient safety.
The successful candidate will be expected to travel across the South of England to meet with apprentices as part of this role.
Responsibilities of our Training Assessor:
- Manage the achievement of apprentice
- Maintain monitoring visits on a frequency that does not extend outside of ten weeks
- To assess learners progress by various means of assessment and provide progress feedback and reports
- To provide apprentices, colleagues and employers with timely, accurate and constructive feedback on learners’ achievement, progress and areas for development
- To ensure the health and safety of learners and staff and carry out Health and Safety audits
- Promote the products and services offered by Avensys UK Training Ltd
Knowledge and experience required to be our Training Assessor:
- Experienced Engineer
- Ability to plan, and deliver training and assess outcomes
- Leadership and people development skills, with the ability to motivate learners
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Driving License
- Flexibility to undertake a peripatetic role
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality who has a 'can do' attitude
- Bio Medical experience would be highly desirable
- Assessor qualification – such as TAQA, A1, V1, D32, D33 would be desirable but training will be provided
- Level 3 teacher training qualification would be desirable
Training experience is desirable however the right personality and aptitude is much more important – relevant training will be provided.
What can we offer our Training Assessor?
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays (rising 1 day per year to a maximum of 26 days)
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance after 1 years’ service
- Sick pay scheme
Closing Date: 25th June 2019
We are committed to ISO 9001:2008 QMS and ISO 13485:2003 (2012) standards.
Due to the popularity of some positions, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early on receipt of sufficient applicants.