Bio Medical Engineer - Based in Central LondonApply
- Location: London
- Salary: negotiable depending upon experience
Avensys UK Ltd offer bio-medical equipment engineering service solutions, including:
- Maintenance and Repair: biomedical, dental and endoscopy equipment
- Resale: ethical resale service for surplus equipment, plus sale of new and reconditioned medical equipment
- Training: biomedical equipment training
This role is a full-time, permanent role, reporting to the Avensys UK Ltd Southern Senior Engineering Manager. The role is responsible for servicing and repair of all Medical Equipment covered by the overarching contract awarded to Avensys UK Ltd for a central London hospital. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a growing company within the medical equipment industry.
Experience in biomedical is engineering is essential.
Job responsibilities for Medical equipment:
- Undertake scheduled PPM Maintenance, Servicing and Modification
- Undertake Emergency Repair and Rectification and respond to emergency call outs.
- Ensuring best practise in the maintenance, control and observance of engineering process and procedures for Servicing and Repair
- Ensuring engineering activities are undertaken using appropriate engineering safety precautions and standards
- Management of Spare parts required for the Servicing and Repair
- Ensure high standards of Engineering Hygiene are maintained at all times
- Operate in accordance with Company Policy and Procedures
- Liaising with Contracts Manager for Externally Supported Equipment and manufacturers maintenance contracts
- Maintain accurate documentation associated with the Service and Repair
- Providing the appropriate Clinical Staff with the latest technical advice and assistance
- Control of test equipment and inventories
- The control of all equipment publications and manufacturers technical information, ensuring that all amendments are carried out as necessary
- Ensuring that MHRA Device Alerts are read and Serious Equipment Failure signals are actioned where necessary
- Understand and operate in accordance with, Health, Safety and Hazard Warning Notices applicable
- The compilation of COSHH and Health and Safety risk assessments ensuring that regular reviews are carried out
- Comply with all Risk Assessment and carry out personal Risk Analysis of any Hazardous activity
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to communicate with internal staff and key contact at contracts
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and drive to work independently
- Planning, time management, administration and organisational skills
- IT literacy including Microsoft Office
- Bio Medical Engineer experience is essential
- Bio Medical qualifications are desirable
We are committed to ISO 9001:2008 QMS and ISO 13485:2003 (2012) standards.
Closing Date: 12th July 2019
Due to the popularity of some positions, we reserve the right to close the vacancies early on receipt of sufficient applicants.